Watch the Performance Reading of 2 BROKE GIRLS:
Script titled “And the Sick Horse” by Greg Wayne
When Chestnut falls ill, the girls are forced to become phone-sex operators to pay for his treatment. Meanwhile, Oleg and Earl coach Han in preparation for a big date.
NARRATOR – Gennalee Gordon
CAROLINA – Lex Kilgour
MAX – Stefanie Terzo
OLEG/GELO – Neil Bennett
HAN – David Poon
DR. HUNG – Danielle Nicole
EARL – Rob Green
WOMAN – Hannah Drew
HIPSTER #1 – David Occhipinti
HIPSTER #2 – Paul R. Whitaker
Get to know writer Greg Wayne:
1. Why would your TV SPEC be a perfect episode for the original show?
I think it captures the tone and voice of the series, and explores the topic of equine bowel obstruction in a unique way.
2. How long have you been writing screenplays?
About four years.
3. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Barry Lyndon or Happy Gilmore
4. What artists in the film industry would you love to work with?
5. How many screenplays have you written?
One feature, one short, four sitcom specs, and a bunch of sketches.
6. Ideally, where would you like to be in 5 years?
Writing for television or film.
7. Describe your process; do you have a set routine, method for writing?
I procrastinate until writing becomes less painful than not writing.
8. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
9. What influenced you to enter the WILDsound Script Contest?
The chance to have the script read by actors.
10. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Cutting carbs is the easiest way to lose weight.